- Why PEI Potatoes
- Appetizers and Snacks
- Bread and Sweet Treats
- Comfort Food
- Cooking for One
- Entertaining and Holidays
- Fast Weeknight Meals
- Homegrown Recipes
- Kid Friendly
- Main Dishes
- Side Dishes
- Soups, Stews and Chowders
- Summer Grilling
- World Flavours
- PEI Potato Industry
- Contact Us
- Media Centre
Red Potato Salad
Try this red potato salad recipe with fresh PEI potatoes for a delicious side salad year round.
Prep Time & Yield
Possibly the most colourful potato salad you've ever served! Prep time: 10-12 minutes Cooking time: 20-25 minutes Makes approx. 6-7 cups (eight 3/4 cup servings)
- 2 1/2 lbs Medium red-skinned potatoes - 1.2 kg
- 4 Hard-cooked eggs, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup Diced celery - 250 ml
- 1 1/2 cup Diced large red pepper - 375 ml
- 1/2 cup Diced red onion - 125 ml
- 1/2 cup Diced large dill pickles - 125 ml
- 1/2 cup Plain low-fat yogurt - 125 ml
- 1/4 cup Low-fat mayonnaise - 50 ml
- 2 tbsp Vinegar - 30 ml
- Boil eggs for 10 minutes and set aside.
- Wash potatoes. Boil whole, unpeeled, for approx. 20-25 minutes or until very soft. Drain. Spread out on a baking sheet and pierce with a fork to help let the steam out. Let cook for 5 minutes.
- Leaving the skins on, chop the potatoes coarsely and place in a large bowl.
- Add cooked eggs, celery, red pepper, red onion, and the pickles. Toss.
- Add yogurt, mayo and vinegar, Stir till well mixed, Chill. Keeps well in the fridge for up to 2 days. Feel free to use other kinds of potatoes. If the salad is dry, add an extra 1 tbsp. (15 ml) mayo + 2 tbsp. (30ml) plain low-fat yogurt.
Nutrient Analysis Per Serving