- Why PEI Potatoes
- Appetizers and Snacks
- Bread and Sweet Treats
- Comfort Food
- Cooking for One
- Entertaining and Holidays
- Fast Weeknight Meals
- Homegrown Recipes
- Kid Friendly
- Main Dishes
- Side Dishes
- Soups, Stews and Chowders
- Summer Grilling
- World Flavours
- PEI Potato Industry
- Contact Us
- Media Centre
PEI Potato Gratin
A cheesy, tasty side dish for an everyday meal or for entertaining guests!
Prep Time & Yield
|4 large||PEI Potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced|
|4 each||Plum Tomatoes, thinly sliced|
|1 cup (250 ml)||Leek, thinly sliced|
|1 cup (250 ml)||Old White Cheddar Cheese, grated|
|1/2 cup (125 ml)||Milk|
|to taste||Salt and Pepper|
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Lightly grease (or line with parchment paper) an oven safe dish.
3. Cover the base of the pan with a layer of potato slices.
4. Alternate layers of potatoes, tomatoes, leek and cheese (¾ cup total).
5. Season each layer with salt & pepper.
6. Add another layer of potatoes and pour milk over top. Top with remaining ¼ cup of cheese.
7. Cook, covered for 30 minutes; remove foil and continue cooking for 10-15 minutes until all layers are tender and the top is golden brown.
· Many different cheeses can be used in this recipe try using gruyere or gouda.
· For a flavor variation: replace the old cheddar cheese & leeks with goat cheese & basil.